Landscape Horticulture Summer 2014 Schedule
- MERRITT COLLEGE 12500 Campus Drive, Oakland, CA 94619
- Phone – (510) 436-2418
- Summer Session June 23-July 10
- Enroll On The Web @www.peralta.edu
- Continuing Student Enrollment Starts May; Open Enrollment Starts end of May
Visit The Landscape Horticulture Dept.’s Website @www.merrittlandhort.com
LH-028 A-B / Permaculture Design – 3 UNITS
Students harvesting greens they seeded and planted in the bed they constructed.
Strategies and techniques of basic permaculture design and application to design of livable human communities: Observation of natural patterns, gardening in urban settings, water/water recycling in the landscape, and commonalities with practices of indigenous peoples.
- 28A: Permaculture ethics and basic principles, soil and soil fertility, flood and erosion control, and synergistic plant associations.
- 28B: Design and assessment of landscapes, reducing waste and developing super efficient systems, advanced mulching techniques, and student designs.